The Karmapa's Temple. We went on Wednesday as a group.
I just uploaded an entry I typed up at the beginning of the month but could never upload for one reason or another, but I didn't realize it would post it way back where it was originally supposed to be uploaded so...it's there. It's about monkeys! Anyway, THIS entry is about Thanksgiving!
Wednesday night, I got to talking about Thanksgiving with my host-aunt Dolma and she said "Oh, I know about Thanksgiving! That's where you thank the turkey and then eat it!" Then she left the room to get some cake she had forgotten as I couldn't help but laugh. A slight miscommunication somewhere
I have so much to be Thankful for, it's a bit mind-boggling to think about. So I won't start a list because then I don't know if I'll ever stop, and I'll still feel like I forgot something. I am just very thankful for many, many things and the goodness of God and His tender mercies that are so prevalent in my life.
Celebrating Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, though it was a bit sad to think of all the fabulous food I was missing, we had a really good lunch! I had an Indian version of "Chicken cordon bleu" that was really good, and then we all shared bowels of mashed potatoes with cheese, and I even tried some fried green beans that were actually pretty good! (Mom, if you're not astounded by that, I realize I never told you that I've also taken to eating mushrooms when they are small, and I've eaten beans a few times with my family, and they were good! I don't know if I'll eat them in taco salad still...) For dessert, I had a banana custard. It was good if I got a piece of banana on the sppon, but I think it would've been better cold. Ah well, it was still a fun experience!
We played Frisbee at the park for a bit, and then met up again at Melissa's after a short split to watch White Christmas. Overall, it was a fun Thanksgiving!
3 comments:
This is off subject, but there was an article in today's paper about the Karmapa. He is 23 years old, 6 ft tall and they say he has 'hunky good looks and a magnetic personality' and quite possibly the successor to the Dalai Lama. Anyway, loved getting TWO posts :)
Dear Kerri,
Alysia Gillis came to Richland with the Merrills to attend the wedding reception of her roommate, Dana Brame. She is leaving tomorrow riding with Erin and Brinna. We had Thanksgiving with Robert and Junice. Kate and Justin were there also. They are expecting a baby next May. Dave and Jessie Wagner, Noah and Gage did'nt come for Thanksgiving but will be home for Christmas. Grateful you weren't in the area of the shootings. Grandpa stayed at that hotel when he gave a paper in India November 1965. Have a great time in France. Have really enjoyed your blogs. Lovel, Gma Gloria
"Oh! You thank the turkey and THEN eat it! I've been doing it wrong all these years!" That was the response I imagined you would have made if you had been able to control your laughter, you saucy girl!
Post a Comment